paye tax rebate

paye tax rebate

You can end up paying too much income tax if you change jobs or have more than one job at a time. If you wish to claim for a paye tax rebate, simply get in touch using the ‘claim now’ link or our contact form.

So, when could you have overpaid your tax and be due a paye tax tax rebate?

  • if you started a new job your employer may have given you an emergency tax code for a while or they may have been using the wrong tax code
  • you may have only worked for part of the tax year
  • you’re a student and didn’t complete form P38S Student Employees form to put you on the right tax code
    you had more multiple jobs
  • you ceased working and didn’t get any taxable income or benefits for the rest of the tax year
  • your working circumstances changed – e.g. you changed from part-time to full-time working or became self-employed
  • you were made redundant and didn’t work for a period of time
  • If you’re an employee
  • To get started? Simply click CLAIM NOW.

    The following tax refunds can also be claimed, but if it’s not on the list, get in touch anyway, as we are sure we can help:

  • Uniform Expenses
  • Car Mileage Allowance
  • Tools Expenses and/or Specialist Clothing Allowance
  • Working from Home Expenses
  • self employed tax rebate
  • CIS tax rebate
  • self employed tax return
  • CIS tax return
  • Most people in the UK work under the PAYE system and millions of you are due a paye tax rebate. Claim your paye tax rebate now!

    To get started? Simply click CLAIM NOW.

    What is a tax refund

    A tax refund is a refund of tax which has been overpaid. There are a number of reasons why tax may have been overpaid, including:

  • you start a new job and are taxed under an emergency code for a while
  • you marry or form a civil partnership and you or your spouse or civil partner is born before 6 April 1935
  • HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) sends the wrong tax code to your employer or your employer does not use the correct code
  • you are self-employed and you make payments on account for the following year, under the Self Assessment scheme. These payments are too high because of a change in your circumstances, for example, there has been a downturn in your business. You have not made a claim to reduce your payments on account and your final tax liability turns out to be less than the tax you have actually paid
  • you’re a pensioner with more than one occupational pension and your tax-free personal allowances have not been allocated properly so you’ve paid too much tax
  • you have more than one job. The employer at your second job will automatically deduct tax at basic rate so you may not get the benefit of all your tax-free personal allowances. This will frequently apply if you are a student or low-paid worker.
  • For more information about emergency PAYE codes, contact your local HMRC office.
  • To get started? Simply click CLAIM NOW.

    Refunds under PAYE or Self Assessment

    If you overpay tax under PAYE or Self Assessment, you can make a claim for a refund.

    If you are on strike, a refund will only be paid to you either when you leave the job or when you go back to work. You will not get a refund at the end of the financial year.

    Refunds following a death

    An overpayment of income tax may arise following a death. For more information about claiming back income tax on behalf of someone who has died, go to the GOV.UK website at: If a refund of tax is made, it is counted as part of the estate of the person who has died.

    Refunds of tax on savings interest

    You may pay too much tax on savings interest. If so, you can make a claim for a refund.

    Refunds of tax overpaid on pensions or on cashing in small pensions

    You may pay too much tax on your pension or when you cash in a small pension.

    Time limit for claiming a tax refund

    The time limit for claiming a tax refund is four years from the end of the tax year for which you overpaid tax. A tax year runs from 6 April one year to 5 April the following year.

    If you think you might be entitled to a refund, claim now so that you don’t lose the right to claim.

    Interest on refunds

    HMRC must pay interest on a tax refund if the repayment is made after 31 January following the end of the tax year in which you overpaid the tax.

    Take a look at our relevant pages for more info on our charges and specific services.

    To get started? Simply click CLAIM NOW.


    Self Employed Tax Rebate.

    CIS tax rebate.

    CIS tax return.

    Self Employed Tax Return.

    GOV UK